• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

fCGI var/lib/php/session Permission Issue

PriyanA

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

"Plesk 10.4.4(no update available on 1/5/2012) CentOS 6.2, PHP 5.3.3"

i understand var/lib/php/session is set to apache:apache so fCGI user cant read or write in that directory.

so i followed what Parallels has suggest.

http://kb.parallels.com/en/7056

but i cant get it to work.

any changes i make in "/var/www/vhosts/domain.tld/etc/php.ini" doesn't come to affect. (Plesk Panel or manually via SSH)

Domain running as fCGI.

Checked php info. it says "Loaded Configuration File /etc/php.ini "

Also all the websites on this VPS run as fCGI, so i dont mind changing permission to var/lib/php/session (not 777) if there is any other way of doing this.

Any suggestions from Pararrels?

Regards,
PriyanA

hi Priyan,

try this:

in panel > home > subscriptions > (select your subscription) > websites & domains tab > show advanced options > website scripting and security > PHP setting tab > session.save_path > enter custom value

and enter this:

{DOCROOT}/../var/tmp

also can be configured in your service plan

thank you for your reply Fabri.

Problem is any changes i make in "custom value" doesnt come to effect.

Regard,
PriyanA

no Fabrii it doesnt.. any changes i make in "/var/www/vhosts/domain.tld/etc/php.ini" doesn't come to affect.

i tried via the panel and manually.. just cant get it to work

im on the same boat! no matter what, i cant get custom php.ini settings to load be it through custom settings nor custom php.ini settings, it keeps loading default settings no matter what I do.

Hi JLChafardet,

Mysteriously my vhosts came to live. maybe after panel auto update (Autoinstaller)

Now vhosts on static IP wont take time.zone from the default php.ini

you have to set manaully for each vhost.

Regards,
Priyan

Thanks a lot for your update! ill give it a try.

also noticed, that if i set php to fcgid some domains will just not work, so it seems im tied to apache module in some.

i run all my website as fcgi.. like i said it suddenly started working...

at the moment no problem.. well at the moment.

try update your panel. hope it will fix your problem

you can try this, get phpinfo for each domain and see which configuration file is loaded.

only domains on static/dedicated IP load the custom configuration php.ini file

Last edited:
Back