• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question FcgidMaxProcessesPerClass per domain or per subdomain?

dagclaessens

New Pleskian
Hello,
I have a question about the value that can be set for 'FcgidMaxProcessesPerClass'.
When I have a domain, with multiple subdomains, is the max. amount of processes calculated per subdomain or per domain (or even per hosting user)?
Thank you in advance! Dave

Neither one.

"A process class is the set of processes which were started with the same executable file and share certain other characteristics such as virtual host and identity. Two commands which are links to or otherwise refer to the same executable file share the same process class." (Apache docs)

From my observation in Apache processes I have seen the same process servicing different domains and many processes at the same time servicing the same domain.

Thank you for your response.
My goal is when one of the subdomains receives to many requests to handle, only this subdomain gives an error (for example the 'Service Temporary Unavailable' error) and other subdomains won't be affected by this and keep working.
When I understand you reply correctly, this can't be achieved with the 'FcgidMaxProcessesPerClass' process? Do you have an idea how I can make this work?

There is no such situation where only one subdomain receives too many requests to handle, because this does not depend on a single domain but on the total number of web server requests that the web server handles.

Back