• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Feature Request: Dovecot with Sieve

Markus_Eyrich

Basic Pleskian
I think you guys should offer the option to install dovecot instead of courier mail server. Dovecot is much better in terms of security, stability, server load and so on. Also the sieve protocol allows server-side filtering of emails which is really powerful. An interface in plesk to manage the server side filters rould be really nice.

I did integrate dovecot and roundcube webmail with sieve filter support in under 30 mins on my plesk 10 server, so it's no problem at all, but directly integrated to plesk and the ui would be really really nice.

Thanks, we will take into consideration your request.

not interested at all then?

We didn't hear anythinig about this anymore...so does that mean Parallels has no interest in implementing a better IMAP-Server like dovecot?
And if this is wrong, can you please tell us when you plan to finally do something about this, so we can inform our customers?
Dovecot-support is a hugely awaited feature, why is it so hard to get any useful information on this from you?

Thanks in advance
Sascha

why is it so hard to get any useful information on this from you?

What sort of useful information you want to receive? As I wrote before we are considering support for dovecot. Your requests taken into consideration. I have no information when exactly it will be included in the Plesk release.

Mar 3, 2011 06:24 AM
IgorG Thanks, we will take into consideration your request.
Hi Igor,
well, what sort of information would we want to receive? Let's start with an updated one...:)
Your post ist one year old!
Courier has so many drawbacks towards other systems like dovecot or cyrus, that the feature is highly awaited by your customers. Please understand my persistence!

Thank you
Sascha

Besides the post is 1 year old, we now have Plesk 11 as Preview, and still no dovecot support. Did you read my posts? I installed dovecot inlcuding sieve support (via roundcube webmail) myself, manual, in under 30 mins...can't be that hard for your team of engineers to implement such a thing into Plesk itself....

This does not really sound like you are REALLY taking dovecot into account to me...
It's just not right to try to calm down you customers without even REALLY considering what they ask for.

@Markus_Eyrich: Does your Plesk with dovecot work absolutely well? No big problems?
Then you probably should post some howto...;-)
Of course we will losse official plesk support then...but doesn't look very useful anyways...so what?

Thankks in advance, and hey Plesk staff...no irritation here...we still want you to support dovecot officially!

Sascha

really need this

+1 for this. The increased performance and server side filtering is really a MUST these days.

Hello Plesk Team!

Server side mail filtering is a real must-have these days. Customers are using IMAP with a whole lot of devices and they are not willing to configure mail filters on each device - if the mail programs on the smartphones have ability to use it at all.

There are several nice mail web frontends available which offer a nice User interface to configure mail filters to the users.

Also, there are already a lot how-tos how to configure dovecot with Plesk by replacing courier - but all these setups will break during the next update due to the psa package dependencies... Technically (from the integration point of view) dovecot and courier are very similar (except dovecot brings sieve), so it does not seem that it could be a big deal to use dovecot in Plesk rather than courier...

You would do a lot customers (me included) a favour if you would officially support dovecot...

Thanks,
Hans

Back