• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Fedora Core 2 Hanging 7.5.1

S

Smokester

We've got a 7.5.1 server that appears to be running out of memory, which hangs the machine. It remains pingable, but everything else is dead. HTTP, SSH, FTP, etc. Only a power cycle brings it back to life.

I left top running last time to see the 'last minutes of life'. Load was 18.23, (Its usually 0.50 or so). The odd part was RAM was pretty much 100% utilitzed, but swap was at 0k used. Anyone know why the server would be ignoring available swap file space and just crashing instead?

As a test, the machine was at around 400MB used (real RAM), so I vi'd a file that was 200MB, the real RAM dropped to around 2k, then vi hung (machine didn't), but again, the swap remained at 0k.

I saw one other post about this, but saw no solution posted. Anyone see this, or know of a solution?

i've got same problem with FC and plesk..try "top" to find reason. In my case it was "xfs". I found package which xfs was from and deleted it..and now everything is working just fine.

Back