• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Fedora Core 3 (and possibly 4)

R

Redah

Is there any E.T.A. on when Fedora Core 3 and possibly 4 will be officially supported?

Fedora Core 3 might be supported in 7.5.4, any idea when this will be released?

In my opinion Plesk is taking a long time for this... Core 4 has been out already, with Core 3 being out over 8 months already... does SWSoft really need 8 months to adapt a few changes to Plesk? There aren't that many difference from Core 2 to Core 3, so when will they get things done?

Didn't a lot of selinux stuff get added in FC3? They're probably making it less simple to upgrade. 7.5.4 is due in a couple weeks and will support RHEL4/CentOS4. Personally I'd rather they didn't support FC3 or FC4 and focus on keeping other OS'es bug-free, especially given CentOS4 has native MySQL 4.1, PHP 4.3.11, 2.6 kernel, etc. in addition to long release cycles.

The changes other than SELinux (which I doubt they'll be able to work with) are spamassassin 3.0, and the new layout for mailman on FC3. FC4 is all that, plus PHP5, which is especially problematic with things like sablotron (used in the PSA web editor thing. I dont use it so I forget the name), and mysqli that a few of the app vault packages arent compatible with. I'd say CentOS4/4ES and FC3 are more likely candidates

Yeah, I don't really need FC4. But Plesk 7.5.3 for FC2 works perfectly on FC3 (without SELinux), except that you need some tweaks on mailman (which worked for me by simply changing ONE line (namely the one that points to the mailman path)).

If I can figure that out in 1 day, surely SWSoft should be able to come up with something.

I don't have problems with the FC2 build. It's just that a FC3 build would be more pleasant on they eye (FC3 on FC3 instead of FC2 on FC3) and the auto-updater would work...

And you'd expect that in 8 months they would get something done. But apparently Plesk for Windows has top priority these days.

Originally posted by Redah
And you'd expect that in 8 months they would get something done. But apparently Plesk for Windows has top priority these days.

They're completely different development teams so you can't really say that. Sure Windows has a few features we'd like, but Plesk 8 should catch us up.

Back