• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question File Manager

UweP

Regular Pleskian
Hi! I wonder, if I can somehow, set up a subdomain, and let ppl have access to the filemanager allowing them to upload/manage files. And is it possible to just let one user only upload, and another one manage that subdomains webspace? I ask because I'd like to have a webbased upload/managing of files. Or is there any well known free php upload script? Or is there something possible with node.js?

Thank you very much! :)

Last edited:
Hi! I wonder, if I can somehow, set up a subdomain, and let ppl have access to the filemanager allowing them to upload/manage files. And is it possible to just let one user only upload, and another one manage that subdomains webspace? I ask because I'd like to have a webbased upload/managing of files. Or is there any well known free php upload script? Or is there something possible with node.js?

Thank you very much! :)

Hello,
It will probably be easier to use a web file manager to manage users permissions than giving access to Plesk only for the filemanager.
In php based scripts, I suggest you eXtplorer - a PHP-based File Manager and in nodejs based scripts, you can try the excellent silverwind/droppy

Hi and thank you for your reply. I tried extplorer but it doesn't seem to allow adding users with ONLY upload permission. Also the interface seems a bit broken. I click upload file, and when i open it a second time, it appears with messed up font sizes. If I then click administration it opens the upload dialog again.And yeah. I'd need something that allows only uploading of files. Maybe so ppl dont even see others files.

Back