• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

file upload permission denied

D

dkentsucceednet

This problem has popped up over the past couple months and I imagine it is due to dome update that has occured either on the OS or the Plesk panel.

Uploading the customer webfiles vie file manager or ftp program doesn't have an issue. The issue arrises when customers and my self try to use a third party program such as Dreamweaver or other program and try putting or publishing the files. Existing files do not have an issue updating but if the file does not exist then we get errors. I know that this is going to be some kind of permissions issue but the error was not there when we first installed the server and has only shown up in the last couple months.

Here is there error in dreamweaver trying to put a non exisitng file and this is duplicated through other programs as wel:

"Started: 3/17/2009 11:30 AM

hunkydorry.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put hunkydorry.html. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.

File activity incomplete. 1 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed.

Files with errors: 1
hunkydorry.html

Finished: 3/17/2009 11:30 AM"

Now as i said we can ftp in using any program with no permission issue.

Any ideas?

Back