• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

file upload permission

LoïcM

Basic Pleskian
[SOLVED] file upload permission

Hi,
i'm running plesk 10.4 on a ubuntu 8.10 server, i've created vhosts with PHP (fast-cgi).
I' ve a script that upload files to the server and i'm facing permissions issue :

the uploaded files get a 600 permission, that means the psacln group cannot read the file, so i cannot view / download the file via http.

i've check the upload directory, permissions are OK .
I dont know where to search now, is it a suexec issue ? Can we set up UMASK somewhere ?

Any help would be appreciated.

here is the suexec section for that vhost:

<IfModule mod_suexec.c>
SuexecUserGroup "admaxr" "psacln"
</IfModule>

the upload dir :

drwxr-xr-x 5 admaxr psacln 4096 2012-03-07 20:39 files

Last edited:
help please

nobody else got that problem ?
this is very annoying, i run a cms for a client and uploaded files cannot be view / edit unless i run chmod 0644
on it.

this is all the error i can see in logfile :

Permission denied: file permissions deny server access: /var/www/vhosts/...

i see other people having this pb on google but cannot find a solution.

Back