• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Filter Spam before redirect

C

cmc57

I have several e-mail redirects and redirecting spam is causing a number of problems, from high load on the mailserver to blacklisting by some domains.

Is there anyway to have mail filtered for spam and spam deleted before redirecting messages?

Thanks for your help,
Cathy

I believe this has come up before and has not to my knowledge been addressed in a feasable manner that doesn't get mucked up during upgrades.

I've got the same problem. In fact I just spent the better part of 2 days tracking down a blockage issue. The emails get forwarded from my server to thier end recipient, but unfortunately the sender remains intact. So the attentive sys admin looked at the content, did a dns reverse lookup, the sending system (mine) conflicts with the sender (original sender) and therefore made my server look like a spam server.

I'm not certain how to resolve the problem. I've considered trying to change the subject line to something like "message forwarded from your email account at XXX", but I doubt even that would help. Unless your anti-spam agent (assuming your using SA) is set to delete messages marked as spam, then you'd just be forwarding your spam headers.

I too would love to see a solution to this delimna, because I'm sick of spending my time calling Peter, Paul and Mary because of a misinterpretation of the header information. I'm seriously beginning to consider SPF rules as well to assist in authentication :(

I spent part of my afternoon on the phone with AOL because my server was soft blacklisted by AOL. Three users had redirects from e-mail accounts on my server to AOL accounts and must have marked the redirected spam as spam ... and as far as AOL knows it originated from us. I have temporarily disabled AOL redirects, but I wonder if similar problems may be caused with other ISPs. I am considering not allowing mail redirects at all, which will not be good for some of my less technically adept users.

I have had SPF records set up for a few months because some users had mail blocked without them.

Back