• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Firewall and Dr. web on plesk 9 for windows

I

invitado47

Hi,

Is there a firewall module on plesk 9 for windows? I can't find any manual, also for Dr. web is the same, for linux there are many pdf's for download but I can't find any documentation for windows.

Hope you can help me,

Thanks

plesk 9 use the default windows firewall, for windows server 2008, I think it is sufficient enough since it allows you to setup rules and restrict ips, for windows server 2003, you can use firewall and ipsec settings.

If you want to use third party firewall, you have to disable the windows firewall, and the best way to install the third party firewall is not to use remote connection to install it while you have to setup rules.

For dr. web, which you have to purchase license if you are hosting websites more than 2 or 3 I remembered. I use clamwin which it is good enough and it is free. You can download clamwin here,http://www.clamwin.com/
after you download it, just setup scan schedule.

Back