• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

firewall lock - out and Plesk start problem

P

placebo

Hello,

I am in desperate need of some help.

I am running Suse 9.1, Apache webserver and Plesk 7.5 Reloaded.

I have misconfigured the firewall, so it blocks ssh on my server. The idea was to secure the server and before going by ssh on the server disable the firewall rule in PLesk Admin Panel..

For some reason - I did not find out why yet, Plesk does not start when the system is rebooted and I am facing the following problem:

No Plesk available, so no login, no firewall change possible via Plesk and therefore no ssh.

So I locked myself out of the server accidentally.

I can manage to get on the server via rescue system however but I need a hint:

Can somebody tell me, in which directory and in which file the iprules of Plesk Firewall are stored, so I can browse there and delete the line blocking my access to ssh?

Or any other good idea what I can do, if I only have rescue system access to my server?

Yes, I know - stupid mistake with blocking ssh - at the same time bad luck that plesk don't work anymore.

Please help, but speak easy language - I am new to Linux systems. ;)

Thank you.

You can simply stop iptables ... service iptables stop (in redhat). Rules are stored in /etc/sysconfig/iptables in redhat.

Back