• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Firewall resetting itself autonomously?

AnkeWZL

New Pleskian
hi,

running plesk 12.018 on OpenSUSE 13.1

What causes the firewall to change / reset itself periodically? I enabled the plesk firewall, but some time later it is reset itself and switched to the opensuse firewall (completely different rule set, which blocks most of the ports).

I then disabled the plesk firewall and loaded my own iptables rule set via iptables-restore command. However a few hours later, it also gets reset to the opensuse firewall. The std. opensuse firewall closes most of the ports, so then our email is blocked.

I would like to permanently switch off any plesk handling of the firewall and manage the iptables myself. How to do this?

I also have fail2ban running and defined my own jail.local files.

in the messages log file I see the following:

2014-10-25T16:53:17.821862+02:00 xxxxxxx dhcpcd[2033]: eth0: renewing lease of xxxxxxxxxxxx
2014-10-25T16:53:18.496527+02:00 xxxxxxx SuSEfirewall2: Setting up rules from /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2 ...

it seems that after the lease is renewed the suse firewall is automatically activated?

Do you have IP address on your server which is provided by DHCP server?
According to Requirements - http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...nstallation-upgrade-migration-guide/65862.htm

Hi, the IPv4 address is static. Running the standard suse 13.1 & plesk 12 setup.

I switched off the firewall with: SuSEfirewall2 off (this should permanenty switch off the suse firewall?)
and then systemctl stop SuSEfirewall2

However some 6 hours later, the suse firewall is activated again.

Back