• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Fixed: 12.5.30 - Migration Manager Error

Elompenta

Regular Pleskian
I sync multiple Server with CLI Migration Manager

Since the upgrade to 12.5.x i recieve the following error on every migration.

Code:
Unable to generate the web server configuration file on the host
<hostname> because of the following errors:

Template_Exception: Syntax error on line 72 of
/etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/vhosts/<domain>.conf:
SSLCertificateFile: file '/opt/psa/var/certificates/cert-QTZLPh' does not exist
or is empty
file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Template/Writer/Webserver/Abstract.php
line: 75
code: 0

Please resolve the errors in web server configuration templates and generate the
file again.

If i click "recreate all config files" the error are fixed.
But on net migration the error are restored.

A known bug or?

What command exactly do you execute to start migration from CLI?
What version of Plesk do you have on source servers?

I use the following script to migrate all content from Server A to Server B

Code:
for subscription in $(/opt/psa/bin/migrate --list-subscriptions -host <host> -password <pass>); do
       /opt/psa/bin/migrate --migrate-subscription $subscription -host <host> -password <pass>;
done

Both servers are the same newest Software

Hello,

A you able to create domains in target Plesk 12.5 manually? May be issue not in Migration & Transfer Manager, but in Plesk itself?

Anyway, Migration & Transfer Manager was replaced with Plesk Migrator in Plesk 12.5. It still available after upgrade, but unable to install it with clean Plesk 12.5 installation.

Unfortunately, Plesk Migrator does not support migration path in the same form, as Migration & Transfer Manager. It means, that it has the same, even more, features, but different syntax for CLI. You can refer this post: http://talk.plesk.com/threads/migration-transfer-manager-missing.335372/#post-789322 for details.

Could you please provide us feedback about Plesk Migrator CLI and note its lacks? We can fix it with one of the nearest updates.

Hi Aleksey,

A you able to create domains in target Plesk 12.5 manually?
Yes, it works fine
New Migrations works fine - only updating existing abos are generating errors.

"Migration & Transfer Manager" was removed?
I've installed the new feature but see only the old one in the backend.

Is this only a cli feature or only have the same naming in the GUI?

"Migration & Transfer Manager" was removed?

Migration & Transfer Manager was replaced with Plesk Migrator. GUI of Plesk Migrator looks like GUI of Migration & Transfer Manager, but backend is completely new. Thus if you have installed Migration & Transfer Manager on Plesk 12.0 before upgrade, it will remain on system and will be available via Tools & Settings / Migration & Transfer Manager. After you install Plesk Migrator, link Tools & Settings / Migration & Transfer Manager will refer on Plesk Migrator GUI instead, but backend of Migration & Transfer Manager still will be available.

thanks! i will test the new engine.

so this report is obsolet - if i find a new bug i will report them

Could you please provide us feedback about Plesk Migrator CLI and note its lacks? We can fix it with one of the nearest updates.

Hey Hey ;) You have development a great CLI-Tool! its amazing :-}
I've found some small issues in the migration process and will create for every bug a seperate thread.

Thanks so far! - I think this topic is solved, because the old migration manager are replaced by a newer and greather tool.

Back