• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved FIXED - WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PLESK

vefeind

New Pleskian
I want to congratulate the Plesk dev for this awesome update now I am unable to host domains on my server and connect the domain to Shopify IP.

Do you have domain that is connected to Shopify?

Warning: The DNS zone was modified. If you would like to apply changes in the DNS template to this zone, either click the 'Apply DNS Template Changes' button on this page or go to the Server Administration Panel > Tools & Settings > DNS Template Settings > Apply DNS Template Changes and choose the 'Apply the changes to all zones' option.

Your website is offline because its domain name does not resolve to the server IP address.
To put your website online, update DNS settings on the side of your domain registrar or external DNS provider.
Your website will be up and running once DNS changes come into effect. It may take up to 24 hours.

Why the f***** is it like this.

Both messages shown are just warnings. They do not impact the (DNS) functionality.

Warning: The DNS zone was modified. If you would like to apply changes in the DNS template to this zone, either click the 'Apply DNS Template Changes' button on this page or go to the Server Administration Panel > Tools & Settings > DNS Template Settings > Apply DNS Template Changes and choose the 'Apply the changes to all zones' option.
The first message is shown because one or more DNS records for the domain are altered and no longer match the DNS record values defined in your DNS template. This message can safely be ignored if you don't want to update the DNS template. This is (probably) because you've changed some records to point to the Shopify IP.

Your website is offline because its domain name does not resolve to the server IP address.
To put your website online, update DNS settings on the side of your domain registrar or external DNS provider.
Your website will be up and running once DNS changes come into effect. It may take up to 24 hours.
This message is shown because the IP address(es) for your domain do not point to the Plesk server. Hence Plesk marks any website hosted for this domain on your Plesk server as "offline". However since your website is hosted on Shopify (I assume) this message can also be safely ignored.

You can disable resolve checking for domains by Plesk by using the Panel.ini Editor extension and add to following option to the panel.ini file.
Code:
[dns]
enableResolveChecking = false

Last edited:
I have done that, I even reset the DNS template for my domains that worked and my domains are working with my server IP, and if I change the IP to Shopify IP still unable to get the domain online, also I have added a new unused domain to my server and pointed A record to Shopify IP still the same unable to get the domain online as Plesk has this issue if the domain is not using the server ip in A record the domains, Plesk will have the domain offline.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know this can be quite frustrating.

Just so I understand your issue better, are you having trouble connecting a domain to Shopify? Or are you just upset/confused about "offline" status shown in Plesk for a domain after you've changed the DNS records to point to Shopify?

[...] as Plesk has this issue if the domain is not using the server ip in A record the domains, Plesk will have the domain offline.
First off, Plesk is likely not the issue here. As I explained in my previous post the warning message in Plesk that your website is offline is only shown because the IP address(es) for your domain do not point to your Plesk server. In such case Plesk marks any website as "offline", because the website on your Plesk server is actually offline. Even if the domain still successfully resolves to a website hosted elsewhere. Plesk will always mark websites "offline" when the root DNS record is pointed to another server. I agree that the "offline" warning message in your scenario can be confusing.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know this can be quite frustrating.

Just so I understand your issue better, are you having trouble connecting a domain to Shopify? Or are you just upset/confused about "offline" status shown in Plesk for a domain when you've changed the DNS records to point to Shopify?

First off, Plesk is likely not the issue here. As I explained in my previous post the warning message in Plesk that your website is offline is only shown because the IP address(es) for your domain do not point to your Plesk server. In such case Plesk marks any website as "offline", because the website on your Plesk server is actually offline. So Plesk will always mark websites "offline" when the root DNS record is pointed to another server. I agree that the warning message in your scenario can be confusing.
It's not that I'm upset with Plesk regarding that my domains are offline do to changes A record IP from server IP to Shopify IP for the domains.

This was working for a year, I have not signed in to my server for 3 months until yesterday, that's when I found out that my shopify domains were offline do to server IP conflict, I did reset the DNS template 2 times. I even checked at www.whatsmydns.com and www.intodns.com and all records were as the should be.

It's working now, I just want to know why this happened, why did Plesk mess this up?

Back