• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Fixing (removing) Virtuozzo spam from Plesk interface

Do you like the Virtuozzo and Parallels advertising on your Plesk interface?

• Sure, they paid me to advertise on my server.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I decline to answer on grounds the Parallels police will get me.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
C

chris@virtbiz

This is a quick how-to for anybody that is tired of the Virtuozzo / Parallels spam in the upper right hand corner of the Plesk 9.x interface. After all, how much of a discount did they offer you on your license to place their advertising on your server? That's what I thought.

Parallels has done a fairly good job of hiding the code that actually displays their logo and their advertisement for Virtuozzo, but it's also fairly easy to get rid of. So take back control of your server and clean up the GUI.

A. Remove the "Parallels - Optimized Computing" logo image. This procedure will actually create a new image to replace the one hawking Parallels' wares.
1. Create 1px transparent GIF
2. Name the new 1px transparent GIF "def_parallels_logo.gif"
3. Upload to /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/vista/images/

Depending on your browser, you may need to reload the top frame in order to see the change.

B. Remove the text that says "Discover Parallels Virtuozzo Containers" We will be removing the text entirely.
1. Edit the file /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/locales/en-US/common_messages_en-US.php
2. Find Line 65, which looks like this:
'ui__promotion/virtuozzo__promotion_top' => 'Discover <b>Parallels<br>Virtuozzo Containers</b>',
3. Edit Line 65 to look like this:
'ui__promotion/virtuozzo__promotion_top' => '',

Now you're on your way to enjoying a happier life without the spam and garbage.

I will place this in the Windows section as well. It's the same instructions, except the paths change to the following:

Part A: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\skins\vista\images

Part B: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\locales\en-US

This sollution is not really proffesional.
More better is just download your skin and adjust the according css file.
Just put the div visibilty style on none

JFYI - the next Panel generation 10.0 is already free from any advertising from the beginning.

No advertising? What is this? - Applications - PinnacleCart - Buy now ... and more and more....

Read subject of thread carefully - it is about Parallels advertising but not about third-party software.

1 parallels logo in the top at the right non removable
1 link in the footer left
i guess they have another definition from total free.
no option for adjust the template anymore , only 1 template available
the interface by itself already sucks big time , to many text and for the customer a half screen full off applications.
what were you thinking parallels? even in the tool panel a link to the shop non removable
even in my backups i get a description Mambo.
no options for upgrade any subscription to customer , no option to upgrade customer to reseller.
e-mails can only be used one time so customers can only have one account.
then they have the nerve to e-mail us that Plesk10 is a big success.
yes maybe in the bank account but for us a reason for look another panel as parallels not listen to the customers
and every time again deliver a first release panel full of bugs like they did not test it good enough by themselves.

Back