• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Folder Permissions

O

omegauser

Hi,

I have an editor like (WYSIWYG), there is an option where you can Upload photos or images to a folder you tell.

I used to use the same system in other hosting account with no problem.
Then I started using PLESK and install the same applicationm but for some reason I can not upload images, I know there is a permissions problem, If I tried to change to 777 a "X" folder thru a FTP Client it does it with no problem, once I upload the image to that folder, the folder returns to the previus chmod state. I do not know where can I change this so I can change permissions with no problem when uploading something.

Regards.

Is this a web services type WYSIWYG editor application that your setting up on your server? If so, I would think it would have some sort of controls over the directories it uses for uploading images/files in a config file of some sort. Otherwise anything you use to upload the files must be changing the directory permissions, they aren't changed by Plesk. Permissions are only changed by the user or admin via SSH or some FTP client.

Hi,

So there is no way you can give FTP access to someone and not let it chance chmodes in plesk?

Back