• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Forums search is useless

Curtis1

Basic Pleskian
Search Results for Query: SSL
The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common.
Search Results for Query: DNS
The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common.

Well.... That renders the forum search rather useless if i can't search for information on something so important, yea ?

Last edited:
But this is really very common requests! I can't imagine for what you need to use this simple and common requests. A huge amount of messages where SSL or DNS is mentioned will be found here.
I think it is great feature of forum search engine that it doesn't allow to use such common requests.

Yes, you re correct it is common. And since i am learning how to set up plesk the first time ever and having lots of problems understanding what is supposed to control what, i want to read all about the problems that others have had to deal with so i can learn from their experience. But since the term is ignored, there is no easy way to find all of those in the forums.

Since it is huge amount of topics, that should say how important it is and how many people have difficulty.
Maybe a new option... some way to put custom tags on every topic so that you can group them. this way if someone is looking for anything with DNS, they can find all topics regarding DNS, or SSL, or binding, or backup and restore. any topic This forum could turn into a bit of a knowledge base with that type of feature.

Thank you !

I think that the use of more precise formulations for search requests will give you what you need.

Well I searched for "php 5.6", you can't get any more precise than that. Adding another word like "activate" to the sentence will cause it to not show up anything relating to "enable" or "install" instead

Well I searched for "php 5.6", you can't get any more precise than that. Adding another word like "activate" to the sentence will cause it to not show up anything relating to "enable" or "install" instead
Try to use 'php 5.6'.

Ok, it works now, but previously when I searched for 'php 5.6' it gave the same message as the OP. Someones obviousliy changed something :)

Back