• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

forward mail to multiple people (problem)

F

fishnyc22

Hey Everyone. I'm having a weird problem with sending an email to multiple people.

I have set up 4 accounts:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

I would like mail coming into [email protected] to send an autoresponder to the sender and forward the email to the 3 other accounts.

when I set up a mail group for the 3 users and enable it for info@, It seems that it only forwards to the 3 accounts when I send the email from in internal @mydomain.com address.

Is that supposed to happen? If I send it the email from an external address. It does not forward.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

set up one regular email forwarding in your domain's control panel mail section.

Then edit the file:
/var/qmail/mailnames/domainname/emailname/.qmail
Note: this is a hidden file.

You should see:
| true
first email forwarding address

Add as many email addresses as you want

Hey...thanks for the response. I checked out the file, and it actually list the 3 email addresses I want to send to:

| true
&[email protected]
&[email protected]
&[email protected]

if I send an email from some external email address, it doesnt go to the 3 addresses, however If I send it from an email address that is on the server, I receive it.

Any idea? Thanks for the help.

Still looking for a resolution here.

I've try to forward the message to my group via the autoresponder and also tried via redirect. Neither work.

Any suggestions?

Sorry that I couldn't help... I went back and checked my reply. I have been using the redirect for the past several months and have not had a problem.

You know what's weird. If I log in via webmail, the emails sent to the group are there, but my mail.app is not pulling those emails off the server.

However, if I email directly to my email address (the one listed in the group) from another (external) email address, it works.

AND. If I send the email to the group address from a my mail.app but send it from one of the other domains on the server, I am able to pull down that email from the server onto my machine.

Very Strange!

Back