• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue fpm application served by nginx" generates randomly 404 not found

walleSenpai

New Pleskian
Hello !

I am having a problem with my plesk obsidian and nginx fpm application served by nginx.

I want to use nginx as a webserver not with proxy. But the problem that i am having is that if I disable nginx proxy, in the php configuration the fpm application served by nginx it is serving me an error 404. It is a moodle and i do not have .httacces there, the only way that i found now, is using nginx reverse proxy and fpm applñication served by apache.
I've tried a lot of possible configurations and neither of one worked for me using fpm application server by nginx. Anyone have an idea ?

Thanks a lot !

William

Attachments

• nginx2.png
    nginx2.png
    390.9 KB · Views: 14
  • nginx3.png
    nginx3.png
    49 KB · Views: 15
  • nginx4.png
    nginx4.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 15
hello @walleSenpai ,

I was able to install moodle 3.1.1 from the official site on my test plesk server with ubuntu20 without any problems.

first of all I've created database (MariaDB 10.3 shipped by default) for my test domain, set php 7.3 mpm server by nginx in domain settings, download and unpack moodle distributive to the document root.
In apache & nginx settings for domain I've unset the checkbox 'Proxy mode' and enabled serving static files by nginx.
that's all, after that when I opened my domain via http it shown moodle installation wizard.

I guess that you need to check during installation that all needed php modules are present in your system. php provided by Plesk usually shipped with most of popular extensions (and they satisfy moodle installer)

2021-05-25 101333 moodle.jpg

Back