• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved From Trial to Pro - Domain/User Nightmare

Trilogic

New Pleskian
Just went from Trial to Pro after having used the Lightsail version. I love the professional fit and polish of Plesk. That being said what is the logic behind forcing every new domain to have it's own user? I want to use Plesk to manage all my own domains and yet creating a new domain seems to require every domain to have it's own user. Am I just doing something wrong or is this meant to force me to upgrade to a level of software I do not really need.

You can create a subscription with a single user and inside it create the domains you need that will belong to this subscription/user.
You have to understand the difference between a subscription user and a domain user. Domain user is a system level user. It is necessary for the delineation of rights to domain files, for individual ftp/ssh access to domains. This is the OS level.

Thank you for your response however I am running the web pro edition and there is no subscriptions tab and I cannot find anywhere else to create any other type of user than an OS level user.

Using admin and/or root login my Plesk menu starts with Websites & Domains, then Mail, then Applications and so on. I don't see Home, Hosting Services or even Server Management. Is there something else I need to install?

Go to Tools&Settings -> Interface Management and switch to Service Provider view.

Back