• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

FTP Access Issues Post 10.2 update - potential bug report

P

pyrahosting

Plesk, 10.2 Windows 2008, 64bit

Description:
Post the update to 10.2 all FTP User accounts cannot access the server (this is using iis ftp) all they get is the usual 530 FTP error message about unable to access home directory.

Investigation:
Creation of a new ftp sub user does allow access for that newly created user but still none of the existing ones.
Editing of any of the existing users' password also allowed access for that user.

I then tried the ftpmng --remove-all and --reconfigure-all but that in fact made things worse because the all users (existing and the new one) couldn't log in.

I have done a small amount of investigation and it looks like when I do the reconfigure-all (which I'm assuming the update did as well) the contents of the %vhosts%\Servers\*\localuser directory is not recreated. Touching the ftp user in anyway seems to be sufficient to cause the missing directory to be recreated (e.g. changing password or applying a quote).

--------------
I'm not sure whether this is just specific to me or not but I have a workaround for now.
If anybody has any ideas of a permanent solution that would be great.

Please execute the following:

"%plesk_bin%\dbclient.exe" --direct-sql --sql="update domainservices set status = 0 where status is null"

After that:

ftpmng --reconfigure-all

Perfect, that fixed it.

Thanks for everything,
Steven.

Back