• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP Backup "Copy to Server Repository" fills /tmp partition and crashes Plesk

Matt Grant

Regular Pleskian
Is there any way to change where Plesk downloads the Backup stored on a Personal FTP Repository? It defaults to the /tmp partition and the backup is 16GB and the /tmp partition is about 1GB (was setup from 1&1 like that). Can I symlink /tmp to somewhere else? Or can I edit Plesk's config to save it somewhere else? I have never used the feature before and it will be very helpful when I need to recover something, but I would be screwed if this was an emergency.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated!

# grep DUMP_TMP_D /etc/psa/psa.conf
DUMP_TMP_D /tmp

Igor, forgive my stupidity, but when I run that command I get the same output you have typed. How does this help me or how to I tell it to save it elsewhere? Can I edit the psa.conf to point the DUMP_TMP_D to say /var/backuptemp ?

# grep DUMP_TMP_D /etc/psa/psa.conf
DUMP_TMP_D /tmp

OK, I figured out what you were telling me. I changed the location to /var/backuptemp but now the issue is when I tried to download the backup from the FTP repository it filled up the /usr partition (specifically the /usr/local/psa/tmp directory) WTF!!!

Why does Linux have to be so complicated?

I noticed there are over 2000 files in the /var/local/psa/tmp directory and all of the files are from 2012 and 2013. Can I delete them or are they there for a reason? Why did Plesk fill up the /usr partition when I told it to save the backup to the /var partition?

Any idea when Plesk 12 will be released?

Last edited:
I changed the loacation to /var/tmp and after download was finished I got the browser-message "Files under https://xx.xx.xx.xx:8443/plesk/clie...ftp-repository/item@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/download/ could not be found."

In /var/tmp there was dumpXXXXX.tar which was okay and could be unpacked. So at least I have access to my backup files.

I think the error above says that the dump.tar should have been moved to /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/clientname/domainname.
Is there any other config files that has to be modified?

Back