• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP Backup fails at 99% on Plesk 12.0.18 #22

ChristianIT

New Pleskian
I'm running Plesk v12.0.18 #22 on Ubuntu 12.04.
I'm using a scheduled FTP-backup task which fails.
The backup-file size is about 33 GB.
When the task has nearly finished (about 99%) the error occurs.

The detailled log at /usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/backup-2014-.../backup.log tells the following:
Curl error: Failed sending fata to the peer [./ftp.cpp:418]
Can't upload file 'backup_...xml' to ftp. Error code: 1

What can be done to solve that problem?

You could try to increase the following php.ini - settings:

Code:
memory_limit = 512M
max_input_time = 360
max_execution_time = 360
post_max_size = 256M
upload_max_filesize = 192M

I've changed the values in following php.ini files:
/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini
/etc/php5/cli/php.ini
Are these the right files?
Changing the values une these files did not solve the problem.

Did you try to update/upgrade your operating system files with "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" ?

I did not try this yet as I fear that further problems coud occur with updating the OS.
Can I do that without any problems?

The above command is an update/upgrade - command for your operating system - it doesn't harm your system, it solves failures and bugs, because the software will do updates/upgrades to the latest stable versions. This is no distribution upgrade, it updates/upgrades only your current used operating system.

A little example:
Let's say your operating system uses an old, buggy version of "apt-get", you might have failures, when you try to use this odl, buggy software on your system. There is maybe a string, or command, which results in an error code, instead of finishing the desired command like expected. If you now would update/upgrade to the latest version, this bug might have been fixed, so that the latest version of "apt-get" will work as expected, with no failures.

Just be sure... could you please check, if there is enough space on the FTP - server?

Back