• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP - Can not connect to FTP (608)

G

gr8graphix

I am new to Plesk - I purchased a dedicated server through 1and1 and after 4 months I had to cancel because I just couldn't get FTP to work and the support there had not a clue. So last week, I got another dedicated server through Aplus and everything works perfectly - except FTP. So I am thinking it may be me, I must have missed something. Its a Fedora server with Plesk 7.5RL, I use the Plesk firewall and the FTP is set correctly (allow). I added some clients, a domain, setup everything I believe properly. The domain website shows up properly(I used an external DNS at the registrar and simply pointed to the IP, this shouldn't matter because I have done it this way for years and never had a prob - I think). I went through the forum and FAQ and did what was recommended (restart inetd). I am at my wits end... any ideas?

Have you tried using "telnet yourdomain.com 21" or "telnet youripaddress 21" to see if you get a 220 response or not?

If you get a 'Could not open a connection' type error, then either firewall is still blocking the port, or the ftp service is not starting up when needed (xinetd).

If using the domain name fails, but the IP Address works, then you are having a DNS issue.

Back