• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP connection closed. HELP!

B

belyakov

Hello,

I what to mention that I’m completely stuck & don’t now what to do. So I would appreciate any help or response.

I found that a lot of people have the same problem as I do, but still I found no solution here on this forum.

The problem itself looks like this: I can not connect to any sites vie FTP because the server closes the connection immediately after connecting.

The FTP-client log looks like this:

STATUS:> Host name ftp.webcomplex.ru resolved: ip = 85.192.32.80.
STATUS:> Connecting to FTP server ftp.webcomplex.ru:21 (ip = 85.192.32.80)...
ERROR:> Control connection closed.

Still nothing is written into the server log…
What can I do to solve this?

The problem started few days ago – which is mysterious because we haven’t don any changes to the configs or anything…

Hi,

If you need live help I can help you repair this FTP issue. Contact me via msn messagnger username danno_d_manno(at)yahoo.com

nevermind it was proftpd failing because of my hostname ... for some odd reason I had the servername as ns3.domain.com, and it was no longer being seen by the dns ... I just renamed the server to domain.com and it works now. :D

Back