• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP Disconnects (Timeout?)

M

meat1oaf

Been having this trouble for a while now - and I thought it was just my client - but it turns out that all of my customers are having some difficultly uploading/downloading to/from their site using FTP. (Plesk Unloaded 7.5.4)

After about 30 seconds into a transfer, the server disconnects the client. 've checked in xferlog - nothing wierd. I couldn't find a log file for the ftp server itself.

Anybody else having the same problem?

Bandurao,
Do you have an actual fix for this.. The link to your forum seems to be user only.

meat1oaf,
Have you looked at your proftp.conf file? You might try to turn off "UseReverseDNS"....

I'm not to sure what you need though... hope this helps...

Bandurao's suggestion was to make sure my /etc/xinetd.d/ftp_psa file was as follows:

service ftp
{
disable = no
socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
wait = no
user = root
instances = UNLIMITED
server = /usr/sbin/in.proftpd
server_args = -c /etc/proftpd.conf
}

and it was identical to that - so that's not it.
Also, it looks as if my ReverseDNS is also off.

Bandurao,
Do you have an actual fix for this.. The link to your forum seems to be user only.
Last couple of days Bandurao is spamming the forum with these links. Maybe we should tell him this is not appropriate :)

Maybe check the NIC for errors with "ifconfig -a"

Anything in the logs? I would check /var/log/messages

I think you can put the ftp daemon in debug mode and then watch it or tail the log while you do a transfer and it might give you better clues.

Back