• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

FTP issue: The archive maintainer is running an expired

MickaelM

New Pleskian
Hello,

last few days I have a problem when I go to an ftp account.

Réponse : 230-*****************************************************************
Réponse : 230-
Réponse : 230- NOTICE: The archive maintainer is running an expired
Réponse : 230- evaluation copy of the FTP server software.
Réponse : 230- Please encourage the maintainer to license the
Réponse : 230- software now at http://www.ncftp.com/order/ !
Réponse : 230-Please wait 5 seconds.
Réponse : 230-Wasn't that annoying? Tell your site administrators that the delay
Réponse : 230-goes away when they license the software.
Réponse : 230 Restricted user logged in.

So I have to wait for 5 seconds each time a file is sent. Oddly, it does not seem to me that this is ncftp is the server used with Plesk, but proftpd? I do not understand why it has become so, whereas before it worked. I do not think I have to change something in relation to ftp.

In Plesk > Add remove compenents, I have ProFTPD ftpserver enable.

Thank you for you help.

Mickael

Make sure that you have proftpd as ftp server specified in /etc/xinetd.d/ftp_psa
And check output of following command:

# lsof -i tcp:21

Thank's for your reply,

with # lsof -i tcp:21

I get :
[root@ns ~]# lsof -i tcp:21
COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
ncftpd 4888 root 0u IPv4 45621 0t0 TCP *:ftp (LISTEN)
ncftpd 5010 root 0u IPv4 45621 0t0 TCP *:ftp (LISTEN)
ncftpd 5032 root 0u IPv4 45621 0t0 TCP *:ftp (LISTEN)
ncftpd 5229 root 0u IPv4 45621 0t0 TCP *:ftp (LISTEN)
ncftpd 5380 root 0u IPv4 45621 0t0 TCP *:ftp (LISTEN)
ncftpd 5477 root 0u IPv4 45621 0t0 TCP *:ftp (LISTEN)

in /etc/xinetd.d/ftp_psa

#ATTENTION!
#
#DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE BECAUSE IT WAS GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY,
#SO ALL YOUR CHANGES WILL BE LOST AFTER YOU UPGRADE PARALLELS PLESK PANEL.

#DISABLED by install_ncftpd.pl# service ftp
#DISABLED by install_ncftpd.pl# {
flags = IPv6
#DISABLED by install_ncftpd.pl# disable = no
#DISABLED by install_ncftpd.pl# socket_type = stream
#DISABLED by install_ncftpd.pl# protocol = tcp
#DISABLED by install_ncftpd.pl# wait = no
#DISABLED by install_ncftpd.pl# user = root
#DISABLED by install_ncftpd.pl# instances = UNLIMITED
#DISABLED by install_ncftpd.pl# server = /usr/sbin/in.proftpd
#DISABLED by install_ncftpd.pl# server_args = -c /etc/proftpd.conf
#DISABLED by install_ncftpd.pl# }

thank's

Looks like that you have installed ncftpd instead of Plesk proftpd server for some reason. Remove it at least and reinstall and reconfigure proftpd server.

Looks like that you have installed ncftpd instead of Plesk proftpd server for some reason. Remove it at least and reinstall and reconfigure proftpd server.

Hi Igor,

Ok I have uninstall ncftp, but I'm not sure how to reinstall and reconfigure proftp. I went to the panel, but proftp is already installed. Maybe I need to uninstall and reinstall? So I click ProFTPD ftpserver and changed its status to (remove).

When I validate I have:

The following components depend on the components you are going to remove or conflict with components you are going to install:

Plesk Updater, Apache web server support, Webalizer webstat, Parallels Plesk Panel, Plesk Web hosting, Apache mod_python module, Bandwidth Limiter For Apache support (mod_bw), Apache mod_fcgid module, Apache mod_perl module

To complete the removal or installation, additionally remove the dependent or conflicting components. To cancel the removal or installation of certain components, select the corresponding option from the actions list.

Installation or removal requests for following components conflict with each other:

PHP5 support

All conflicts should be resolved before proceeding with update. To resolve the conflict deselect one or more of the listed components. Additional conflicts may be detected after you resolve this one and click Continue.

I'm a little afraid to make a mistake. Could you give me the procedure?

thank you,

Mickael

Install psa-proftpd package with force with using OS package manager - rpm or dpkg. Contact support team if you are not familiar with it.

Back