• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP issues with user logins

W

Waitu

Hi,
I have a brand new clean install of Plesk 7.5.2 over a virgin linux install.

All was supplied on a dedicated server and appears to be working well, except trying to FTP into the box.

Having researched the forums it appears that my problem is not unusual, although I couldn't see any answers.

THE PROBLEM

I create a domain with all the correct DNS settings, I can create and receive mail and mailing lists, no problem. I can even happily create my ftpuser for uploading to the domain quite happily, except it makes no difference which package I use, my ftp login never ever gets past the ' Socket connected. Waiting for welcome message...'

Am I alone or are others seeing this too?
Is there a solution?

Fresh RH9, Plesk 7.5.2, then updated using ART's yum (both RH9 and Plesk updates).

Right now single domain, ftp is no problem on this box. Actually haven't found any problems during my testing (knock on wood).

Hi,
I have been having the exact same problem. If someone could offer a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

Have either of you checked your logs to see if they may have additional useful info to work with?

If your logs have any additional info,please post them here. Also neither of you have detailed your OS or anything else like what other packages you updated after installing Plesk. For others to give assistance, they need more details.

Thanks all. to give an idea I appear to have solved the problem.

Create the ftp user while logged in as the Domain administrator only. It worked for me.

HTH

Back