• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP Logins not working after upgrade

D

Dignus

Morning all,

after the upgrade from 7.1.6. to 7.5.2, all my FTP users are not working any more. I simply get a login incorrect message when I try to connect.

I've looked in the psa.sysusers & psa.accounts databasetables for the correct username/password, but when I try to connect... no good. Looks like the database and the sysusers on the system are out of sync. When I change the password though the psa panel and try to login with the new password, it works fine.

Is there a command to sync the database with the system?

I have the same problem.

If my clients (resellers) create new domains the FTP Password doesn't work. If i change it as an administrator it works fine. The most strange part is that if the client changes the password after i changed it. it also works fine.

Please help! Sounds like a BUG :confused:

problem solved:

Thanks to Dignus for his answer, the credits are belong to Dignus:

Probably there is a problem with system shell assignment - when you create ftpuser as client without shell access managment permissions, then shell will be /bin/false, but it should be /usr/bin/false. You should copy /usr/bin/false to /bin/false and add /bin/false into /etc/shells.

Regards,

Maurice

Back