• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue FTP not working with Plesk Firewall

backofficeitalia

New Pleskian
Hi,
i activated Plesk firewall with default option but i have a little problem with the FTP access.
I can log-in but is impossible to read the folder list.

How can i open port 20 and 21 vs a public IP client?
Have i to do this from SSH or from Plesk settings?

Thank you very much,
Best regards.

Run these via CLI;
Code:
iptables -A INPUT  -p tcp -m tcp --dport 20 -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT -m comment --comment "Allow ftp connections on port 20"
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 20 -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT -m comment --comment "Allow ftp connections on port 20"
iptables -A INPUT  -p tcp -m tcp --dport 21 -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED,NEW -j ACCEPT -m comment --comment "Allow ftp connections on port 21"
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 21 -m conntrack --ctstate NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT -m comment --comment "Allow ftp connections on port 21"
iptables -A INPUT  -p tcp -m tcp --sport 1024: --dport 1024: -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT -m comment --comment "Allow passive inbound connections"
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m tcp --sport 1024: --dport 1024: -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT -m comment --comment "Allow passive inbound connections"

I have exactly the same probleme. After the upgrade to version 17.8.11 I've installed the Plesk firewall. Since this time I can't connect via FTP and SSH.

The necessary firewall rules were automatically enabled:
FTP server passive ports
FTP-Server
SSH-Server

I don't understand this.

Back