• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Ftp not working

runtim23

Basic Pleskian
Version: Plesk 11.5.30 #47
First I couldn't create a web_user so I followed a KB article to upload a WebUser.php file which corrected this problem.
Now, I cannot connect from an external machine.
Just says Connection Closed immediately after attempting.
Adjusted the firewall to allow all incoming traffic but same thing.
Root connects fine on localhost as well as remote.
In fact all accounts connect fine on localhost, but I cannot connect from another machine.

An improvement. I can connect insecurely but not with sftp it says couldn't read packet.

Last edited:
So what needs to be done? My iptables -L is blank, unlike my other servers. This is a new server with nothing on it. I don't recall having to do anything other than check allow all other incoming traffic in the firewall module to get my ftp to work on my other server. Firewall module policies looks alike, but the output for iptables is different since this one is empty.

Hi,

I have the same problem. A user with a chroot shell I only can connect a ftp connection, sftp don't work. The problem is that the name resolution from username to uid don't work in the chroot shell because Plesk don't copy all libraries. You have to copy the libns* libraries manually from /lib/x86_x64 to <domain>/lib.

best regards

mnsauer

Thanks for sharing. How did you determine the user wasn't matching to their id? I know by default ssh accounts also have sftp accounts, so granting the user a shell, will give them sftp as well, but perhaps this solution is more precise. I will look into the details further. Thanks.

Back