• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP problems larger sized files getting 421 errors

J

jhankins

I have a recently built 2003 Standard Server running plesk 7.5.3 and having a heck of a time with uploading files via ftp of any size larger than around 5MB.

Symptoms are it typically completes the transfer from a byte count up perspective but then after the bytes sent = bytes to send it pauses and eventually gives me a timeout error 421.

I see timeout events in the event log as well.

I'm on a mac, the files are .flv files. I'm running into them as I migrate from a Plesk for unix to Plesk for windows server. I've tried Dreamweaver 8 as well as terminal, character based ftp (which is actually where I can see the 421 error displayed after it appears to transfer the whole file there. I'm currently trying fetch and enabling a feature called keep alive that was recommended by my manged service provider. I've tried once and it failed. What gives?

Now I can upload (it does pause a little longer than I would expect but eventually comes back complete) by using Windows XP and WS_FTP_PRO to upload.

Regarding the path. I've tried two separate internet connections and two separate mac's with same behavior. The file size is about 24.5 mb that I'm using as my test file.

I can also upload smaller files with the macs no problem or larger files to other ftp servers that I have on the linux platform but this particular host running 2003 for plesk 7.5 for windows is giving me all the troubles. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I'm experiencing the same problem, did you find a solution?

Thanks in Advance

Please try to increase Connection timeout parameter for your ftp server ( IIS - FTP - Properties - FTP Site Tab)

Back