• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FTP-server missing after update! urgent!

M

methodus

Hi,

I recently upgraded plesk 8.0.1 to 8.1.0. I had to do that 3 times mostly due server errors with autoupdate.swsoft.com. Anyway the upgrade finished fine for now, but after trying to connet to the server via FTP, I've ever got a connection rejected error.

I checked whether FTP-server is running but the deamon is missing completely. No deamon-files neither in /usr/sbin/ nor in /etc/init.d/

Does Plesk uninstall the FTP-Server and how can i reinstall it?

That happened to me as well.
I installed vsftpd started it.
Hope this helps.

i still hav no solution for my problem but got some new information about whats done during the upgrade.

i found out that there are two packages "psa-proftpd-xxxxxxx" and "psa-proftpd-xinetd-xxxxxxx". it seems to me, the last one of both isn't installed correctly. So either I upgrade this package, make the changes manually which this package should have done or reinstall proftpd.

can anyone tell me where i find the inetd.conf-file of plesk?

i only found xinetd.conf in /etc, but with no information in it about the services which are currently running. And restarting /etc/init.d/xinetd doesnt change anything.

it works now!!!!

i restarted /etc/init.d/psa manually but before i edited /etc/proftpd.conf and deleted there a duplicated "Service inetd"-line

dont know, why it makes such problems.

Back