• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Full Restore Issue

J

jp_andino

After a full restore of my back up file created in Plesk 6.5.2. I noticed that the restore didn't create all application pools and virtual directories for all my domains hosted. This was very frustrating for me because I am no expert on this yet*.

But playing around a little, I noticed if I went to Setup icon on each domain and update the value of the web stats from Webanalizer to AWStats, in the update it create the Application Pool and Virtual Directiroy in IIS with this trick I was able to fix 90% of my domains issues from the restore.

Now I still have the problem with one domain!.. hopefully I fix it very soon.

I hope this help out others trying to upgrade from 6.5.2 to 7.

Good Luck!

PS: Can anyone help out on how to allow multiple domains in the same server use SSL, I just can't get pass that too.. Thanks

UPDATE: My production server is running Plesk 7 with all domains with no problem. I was able to get around my other issues by creating the domain users again... that seems that fix all the full restore issues from Plesk 6.5.2

Hi, out of curiosity, did you do a full backup of 6.5.2 using the Plesk backup/restore utility?

Yes, thats exactly what I did; I performed a full back up with the Plesk 6.5.2 and also copied c:\inetpub or c:\***\vhost, also copied c:\SWsoft just in case before re-installing 2003 server and Plesk 7. (i didn't have to use any of the backUp files yet but its always good to have them...just in case)

Then performed the full restore, I got a bunch of warning related some SSL things and other things related to domain users but I decided to ignored them. After that, I noticed the little gitch on the restore utility, which I mention before and everything went better than expected. Hopefully this help you out

Good Luck!

Why not go back to 6.5.2 and wait for the migration utility mentioned in a few posts around here?

It seems that one of the system users on Plesk 6.5 had the same name as the box itself. That did not play well when Plesk 7 tried to create IUSR_<username> user, because IIS creates IUSR_<machinename> user on install.

We will fix this in future updates, but for now the solutions for the case when you have system (FTP/Frontpage) user name and machine name matching each other are:
*) rename the machine
or
*) rename IUSR_<machine> to something else and update IIS configuration

This should be done prior to restoring 6.5 backup to avoid unpleasant errors.

Yeah, that's acutally what happen, those users need it to be recreated again and that solve the problem for me.. Thanks Juri!
:D

Back