• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Full server backup and restore using plesk migration manager results

D

DraganM

Just did another fresh full server backup and restore using the pleskbackup and restore utilities and noticed these things.

Restore was from CentOS release 4.8 (Final) 32bit to centos 4 CentOS release 4.8 (Final) 64bit running the latest plesk 9.3 (9.3.0-cos4.build93091230.07)

1. SSL certificates are still being reset to the default certificate for all sites.
2. Server SSL certificate was not migrated.
3. Reseller account templates are reset to default.
4. Atmail and Horde databases are not restored (so all users loose their contacts if you don't backup and restore the databases manually).
5. Use a single directory for housing SSL and non-SSL content preference state is not migrated.

I also checked the /usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/migration.result file their were no meaningful errors that would explain these objects not being restored properly.

The command used to backup
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup server -s

The command used to restore
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore --restore /var/lib/psa/dumps/backup_info_1003161155.xml -level server -license -verbose

I hope this will help getting these issues worked out.

Interesting that you are also not getting any database information restored...I have just done a restore on a selected domain, and the database content for a deep joomla site was not restored at all...And I used the correct specifications throughout the process...I am on 9.3..

This is very scary to think you have everything diligently backed up, then find upon restore that is not the case...

I think there has to be more information for the consumer regarding these backup/restore issues...many people rely on this for their livelyhood.
For example, in the restore procedural information given, there are various examples given for the restore utility command line, but there are absolutely no discussions involving troubleshooting and failures, etc...why not? So, as a result, we have to go to this or other forums for trouble shooting information...after the fact...after the failure...after the costly manual restoration...

Back