• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Future support for SUSE?

A

AllenB

Can someone elaborate on the future plans for SUSE Linux with Plesk Panel? Both SUSE Linux Enterprise and OpenSUSE? The only two installers that are available for 9.5.x are for SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 and for OpenSUSE 11.1. SLES 11 has been out for a year, and is in SP1 (11.1) by now. Will there be support added for SUSE Linux Enterprise 11? Also, the installers for OpenSUSE seem to lag behind. 11.2 is the current version of OpenSUSE, and 11.3 will be out soon - meaning 11.1 is nearing end of life. (FYI, I have *yet* to get a successful installation on SLES 10, but the installer for CentOS, OpenSUSE, and Debian works fine).

I saw in another post where someone was asking about future support for Fedora that CentOS is the most popular platform for Plesk. Is SUSE support being discontinued in favor of CentOS?

Is there a list of preferred and "not-so-preferred but supported" distros?

We are mainly a SUSE Enterprise shop...

Thanks.

Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer
The University of Alabama

If you look at the Plesk 10 preview download page, the following operating systems are listed:

CentOS 5
Debian 5
SuSE 11.1
Ubuntu 8.04
Windows 2003/2008

But I have no idea if that means openSUSE or SUSE Linux Enterprise.

Normally what they refer to as just SUSE is OpenSUSE, and they list SUSE Linux Enterprise separately.
I would be interested to know of anyone who is successfully running this on SLES 10, and if so, how did you get it to install? It keeps trying to install packages from the SUSE media, and the repository is available. I can do a yast -i and install them just fine, but the parallels installer cannot. Works okay on OpenSUSE.

Back