• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Geo blocking for subscriptions / domains ?

shopuser

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Plesk version and microupdate number
I have installed geo blocking and work in the web-app firewall, but for all subscriptions the same rule :

Code:
SecGeoLookupDB /usr/share/GeoIP/GeoLiteCountry.dat

SecRule REMOTE_ADDR "@geoLookup" "phase:1,chain,id:99999932392,drop,log,msg:'Blocking %{geo.country_code}'"

SecRule GEO:COUNTRY_CODE "@pm RU KP BR UA CN BR IN PK"

how i can add special rules for subscriptions ?

Geoblocking is done on the network level. It does not know about subscriptions or users. For that reason it is not possible to have separate firewall rules for different subscriptions. The workaround would be to run different servers or cloud instances for different sets of firewall configurations.

But I still thought that it was possible to block or unlock certain ip`s ( Apache & nginx settings in the domain ) regardless of the server-wide settings

Yes, but geoblocking needs to block very large sets of IP address ranges. For that a list of single IPs would considerably slow down the server. Instead, ipset is used on the operating system level, which is very fast.

@shopuser Just a note that our Juggernaut Firewall extension fully supports Geoblocking at the domain level.

Attachments

• 2023-06-25_01h08_45.png
    2023-06-25_01h08_45.png
    174.8 KB · Views: 6
@shopuser Just a note that our Juggernaut Firewall extension fully supports Geoblocking at the domain level.
installed the app, and in the account shows:

The Valid Domain, IP and Directory will be detected & saved the next time the license is accessed.

and in plesk : Der Lizenzschlüssel ist ungültig. (The license key is invalid )

Back