• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Getting postfix/qmgr[13975]: warning: connect to transport private/smtp: Connection refused

Amal P Ramesh

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have lots of domains in my Plesk and but some of them receiving this type of error on some emails,
ie. The Mail regarding autoreply for "Mail Delivery Report" send back to the sender.

And while sending some Mails I'm getting: " postfix/qmgr[13975]: warning: connect to transport private/smtp: Connection refused" error on /var/log/maillog log file.
before this error line, I'm getting one think also, ie. " postfix/qmgr[13975]: 4A421664017B: from=<>, size=8821, nrcpt=1 (queue active)".
And I found one thing also:
"postfix/error[19335]: 4A421664017B: to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=5726, delays=5726/0/0/0.07, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (mail transport unavailable)"

Please help me to resolve the issue.

Hi Amal P Ramesh,

first of all, pls. note, that Plesk Onyx comes with the "Plesk Repair Utility", which is able to investigate issues/errors/problems within your configuration files and is as well able to repair them.

In your case, you could use for example:
Code:
plesk repair mail -y -v

If this didn't already solved you issue, pls. consider to post the postfix related configuration files "main.cf" + "master.cf" from the location "/etc/postfix". ( you can add them as well as attachment to your next post, by renaming the files with an additional ".txt" - suffix! ;) ).

Back