• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Git additional deployment actions kills screen when deployment task is finished

Yoronex

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.7 x86_64
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.49.2
Hi everyone,

I am struggling with a problem for a few hours now and I am out of ideas on how to solve it. My website is a Laravel application that needs to run a separate command to connect to a messaging queue. This command is blocking, i.e. it continues to run for all eternity until it is stopped. I want to start this command after deployment, but it needs to be in parallel with the rest of the deployment actions. I therefore opted to go for the program screen.

I got a screen to start just fine with screen -dmS test and it also exists (and is detached as expected) while the deployment actions are still executing. It is thus also listed in screen -list in a separate SSH window when logged in as the same user. However, as soon as the deployment actions are done, the socket is gone. I added a sleep command in my execution sequence to verify this, and the screen socket persisted until the actions were finished.

I am out of ideas of what the problem could be, as I would assume that the deployment actions are executed in a SSH terminal. Of course, the session is terminated as soon as all actions are finished, but that is why I am starting a screen (which should persist over sessions). I hope any of you have an idea as to what this could be!

Back