• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Git-Helper Permission denied

swd_danielk

New Pleskian
I'm running Plesk Version 17.5.3 Update #4 on Debian 8.7. Since upgrading von 17.0 to 17.5 the following error occurs:

When clicking on a git repository (inside a subscription) or trying to pull changes I keep getting the following message:

Message sh: 1: /opt/psa/admin/bin/modules/git/git-helper: Permission denied
File Unix.php
Line 37
Type PleskUtilException

I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this permission error.

Hi swd_danielk,

Plesk comes with the so called "Plesk Repair Utility", which is able to investigate issues/errors/problems and which is as well able to repair permission issues.

Pls. read for example the official Plesk Onyx documentation:

The example command:
Code:
plesk repair fs -y -v
... will restore your permissions to the standart Plesk permissions.

The example command:
Code:
plesk repair all -n -v
... will investigate ALL possible options for issues and won't automatically repair them, but will point to possible issues.​

In addition, it could help sometimes, to DE- and RE-install a component in case of issues/errors/problems, which leads to the possible example command:
Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --remove-component git

Plesk components ( and therefore their "Plesk"-names ) could be listed with the command:
Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --show-components --show-options

... and an installation could be done over the command line with the example command:
Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component git

You are certainly able to DE- and RE-install Plesk components as well over the Plesk Control Panel:

=> HOME > Tools & Settings > Updates & Upgrades

Reinstalling the git component solved the issue (while running the repair script doesn't). The old GIT configuration is lost but I can easily restore it.

Thanks!

When trying to pull changes the same error occurred again. Issue was resolved by plesk support and and an article about this issue will be added to the knowledge base.

Back