• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question git lfs

fedor57

New Pleskian
Hi! I have a few private repositories on Bitbucket for web sites content as well as local clones on my laptop. I want to set up Git deployment to my new asp.net hosting with Plesk Onyx installed.

The issue is that I'm currently using git lfs. The reason is that some web-sites are relatively big and Bitbucket has a repository size hard limit.

I see at least two problems here:

- for the remote repository scenario: Bitbucket says it can't currently correctly offload lfs files for clients that authenticate with ssh keys. They suggest using "application passwords", but Plesk Onyx is unable to authenticate with password. I tried with ssh key and see only text file links instead of large files.

- I guess there is no git lfs support in Plesk Onyx Git extension implementation at all. So probably it will not work even if we don't have the first authentication issue.

There is no single page for "Plesk Onyx git lfs" on the net, this could be the first one ;) I wonder if there are any workarounds?

Thanx!

Well, I found out myself that git lfs is not very popular thing to support. And it has some limitations.

So I suggest using Amazon CodeCommit git hosting without lfs to keep all that binaries. This is not a big deal with a free 50GB of storage.

Back