• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

global spamassassin level change

jasiele

New Pleskian
Hi,

How can I do a level change of spamassassin to all mailboxes in a domain or entire server?

I would like to activate the "Delete Mail If Level is more than X" option to an entire domain.

Is it possible?

Thanks for your help.

Jerry

Spamassassin itself will not delete spam emails, only "mark" them as spam. If you have qmail-scanner installed, you can set qmail-scanner to delete emails that have a Spamassassin / qmail-scanner combined score. Look at the required_score in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf. Add that to: SA_DELETE="1" # [num], required_hits + sa_delete will be deleted, 0 disables in /etc/qmail-scanner.ini.

If the spam required score is 5.0 and SA_Delete is 1, then all scores 6.0 and over will be deleted. this is for the entire server.

Hi,

Plesk allows to define "per user" config for spamassassin right?

The "server level" of spamassassin score is 7, but each user can define this score.

Plesk allow each user to decide if the mail is deleted or only marked as spam.

The user preferences of spamassassin are saved in the folder ".spamassassin/user_prefs" of each user (if the user has customized this).

My question is: ¿Is there any way to do a "global change" of this spamassassin level?

Thanks.
Jerry

Sorry, according to your question, I thought changing the setting for the entire server was what you wanted.

How can I do a level change of spamassassin to all mailboxes in a domain or entire server?

You can set "per user" settings but I do not know how to do a global change for all users at one time.

If I understand your question correctly, this can be done.

Go to Control Panel and Server > Spam Filter. Here you can make server-wide changes and reduce the default Spam score from 7 to something lower.

No changes

Hi,

I've done this changes but server-wide settings are not applied to existing mailboxes.

Is there another way to do this?

Thanks for your help.

it's in the psa database

you can change it manually using mysql

the table you're looking for is spamfilter_preferences in the psa database.

mysql> select * from spamfilter_preferences;
+--------+---------------+----------------+------------------------+
| prefid | spamfilter_id | preference | value |
| 1 | 1 | required_score | 5.00 |
| 2 | 1 | rewrite_header | subject *****SPAM***** |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I have noticed that without changing this it will ignore anything you try in the actual files. It also seems to not always take when you try to do it through the interface.

Manually doing it here, for sure does the job.

Best,

-=TekMage

spamassassin table does not exist

Hi,

I'm using Plesk 8.0.1 for FreeBSD 6.0 and this table does not exist in the PSA database of mysql.

Is there another way to change the value of spamassassin level to 3 in the entire server?

Thanks for your help.

Back