• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Good alarm level for Apache memory usage

Timo002

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I'm using health monitoring on my VPS. My VPS has 4GB of memory and the health monitory is recently sending alarms on the Apache memory usage. The limit for an attention is at 20%, which is around 780MB. With all the processes and websites running on this VPS, I'm hitting the limit of 20% now and then. Which means filling up my mailbox.

But is 20% really an issue? It's just 780MB of 4048MB. I don't see a real problem, but what is healthy for a webserver? Can u run in without any problems at 50%? I mean, normally you want you computer to use as much as RAM as possible because this will only make it faster.

Can I increase the limit of 20%? Or should I add more RAM?
And if I should increase, how can I do that. I downloaded the configuration file, but there is nothing about apache memory usage.

When you see that Apache consume a lot of RAM, run this command:

# ps aux | awk '{print $6/1024 " MB\t\t" $11}' | sort -n

and check that there are many php-fpm processes which consume many RAM. Next command will help you to find affected domain with incorrect php settings:

# ps auxfff | grep php-fpm

But note, that this is only one of the possible reasons for this issue. Also this KB article may be useful for you How to change alarm levels for Plesk Health Monitor?

Back