• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Google Authenticator for Plesk clients query

JEB Desarrollo

New Pleskian
Good morning, the query I have with the Google Authenticator extension for Plesk is that if it can also be activated for client users of the hosting panel, because for admin users it works perfectly, but for customers this option does not come out. I do not know if it is not yet available for customers or is there to do some more configuration, I would be very grateful if you can help me with this.
Thank you very much in advance.
Regards

If I'm not mistaken, the Google Authenticator extension works for admin and clients too. Otherwise, there is insufficient protection.

Hi Igor G,
Thanks for your prompt response, of course I thought so, but I could not find the link within a customer user for the activation of Google Authenticator within their account, I was investigating and finally found the link (https://test.com/modules/google-authenticator/) and from there the customer can activate it. I will add a button to the profile, so the customer can access it directly and that's it.
Thanks again
Greetings!

Hi All,

Does the Google Authenticator seem to work only for admins? Any other account I am getting Permission denied if access the "/modules/google-authenticator/" no buttons or option to enable 2FA.

Is there a way to protect user accounts below root or admin?

Hi @IgorG , I hope you are well.
I'm looking also for use Google Authenticator extension not only for admin.

the Google Authenticator extension works for admin and clients too. Otherwise, there is insufficient protection.
this is what I was expecting too but only admin account are able to see the Google Auth app menu on the left, no option for clients to activate two steps.
Can this be reported and fixed?

It's probably there, but it may be hidden in the right side bar that is closed by default in newer Plesk versions.

1637774063031.png
You might need to open that by clicking on the drawer icon on the top right corner of the content page.

I encountered the same problem today. I can create 2fA for the administrator but not for user users.
I created a new user with WebMaster role, but I can `Error: Permission denied` when clicking on the Authenticator entry.
I see the option, but when I click it, I get the described error.

Is there any configuration that needs to be done?

For the admin user, `modules/google-authenticator/` responds with 200 status code, but other users get 302.
In the console, I get this error afterward:

Code:
{message: 'A listener indicated an asynchronous response by r…age channel closed before a response was received'}

Back