• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Got MORE complains about email problem .... FIX IT ASAP.....

C

CBiLL

I have more new complains .. several client complaing that plesk is adding a new numberic to the email header "Delivered-To:" email address in the header and that is causing problem to client who pay spamcop membership and send thier header to spamcop and now spamcop are telling them that they are trying to send fake headers because the Delivered-To: email address don't exist ..

you will see something like this in your email header

Delivered-To: [email protected]

Why is Plesk putting in 26- or any number like 4- / 45- etc etc in all of the Delivered to address and that is screwing up for my clients who send headers to spamcop and spamcop are sending back telling them because of that numbers in front of thier emails being rejected from them as a fake headers .. And the Client PAYS spamcop membership! ..

Bill

This has always been the case.

The number indicates to qmail which virtualhost to deliver the mail to.

It started when it was upgraded to 7.5 .. why add it on 7.5 but not previous version?

Bill

Hello,
The "Delivered-To" header is actually inserted by qmail.
Other MTA's also exist that insert this header, not just qmail.
AFAIK, this has been around for quite some time.

Spamcop should not be using that header for evaluation.
I would suspect that spamcop is not allowing the mail for a different reason.

Have you contacted SpamCop, or requested information from
your client that explains why they blocked it?

Cheers.

Originally posted by CBiLL
It started when it was upgraded to 7.5 .. why add it on 7.5 but not previous version?

This has always been the case in all the Plesk versions I've seen from at least 7.0.2 and up - so no, it's not new in 7.5!

I reviewed my all my emails last night and yes I saves all my emails.. it started doing it on 8/24/04 ...

Remember I didn't care about it that why I never notice it but clients are whining about it and complaining why it there and spamcop are giving them a hard time etc etc ..

Bill

Originally posted by CBiLL
I reviewed my all my emails last night and yes I saves all my emails.. it started doing it on 8/24/04 ...

Remember I didn't care about it that why I never notice it but clients are whining about it and complaining why it there and spamcop are giving them a hard time etc etc ..

Bill

It cannot have started on 8/24/04 unless that was the date you installed Plesk/Qmail. This has been present in Plesk/Qmail since at least 2001, and is something which (unless Plesk drops qmail in favour of another MTA) will always be the case.

Back