• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Greylisting abnormal behavior.

keff

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,

PLESK Version 9.5.3 on Debian Lenny 32-bit.

this problem was on forum but I've reply because it making me crazy. I'm asking parallels why even when I remove from black list this pattern:
"dsl|pool|broadband|hsd"

I've still have this in maillog:

Feb 7 10:19:22 serv greylisting filter[27632]: list type: black, from: ch1outboundpool.messaging.microsoft.com, match string: dsl|pool|broadband|hsd
Feb 7 10:19:22 serv greylisting filter[27632]: list type: black, from: ch1outboundpool.messaging.microsoft.com, match string: dsl|pool|broadband|hsd

I've try to remove it from database manually, I've try to do this according the parrallels plesk documentation with no luck. /opt/psa/bin/grey_listing -i shows this:

serv:/opt/psa/var/log# /opt/psa/bin/grey_listing -i
Grey listing configuration.

Grey listing checking enabled
Grey interval 5 minutes
Expire interval 51840 minutes
Penalty interval 2 minutes
Penalty disabled
Personal grey listing
configuration allowed

Server-wide black list:

Server-wide white list:

White domains patterns list:
*google.com
*mail.ru
*messaging.microsoft.com
*parallels.com
*rambler.ru
*yahoo.com
*yandex.ru

Black domains patterns list:
*[0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9]*
*[0-9][0-9].[0-9][0-9].[0-9][0-9]*
*[0-9][0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9][0-9]*
*[0-9][0-9][0-9].[0-9][0-9][0-9].[0-9[0-9]][0-9]*
dynamic|static|ppp|dyn-ip|dial-up

SUCCESS: Gathering of server wide information complete.
As you see I add domain messaging.microsoft.com to white list. But it still REJECT mails from ch1outboundpool.messaging.microsoft.com.

How do I repair this?

Last edited:
Ok - I've read the instruction carefully. So i do:

./grey_listing --update-server -domains-blacklist del:"dsl|pool|broadband|hsd"

and now it seams to work fine.

Best regards

Back