• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Having problem after install Zend Optimizer

Helen Pang

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,

May I know is Zend Optimizer support in Plesk Linux 9.5.2? As we've installed the Zend Optimizer recently and we're facing lots of problems after that. For e.g. some of the websites that we've migrated over and tested running are not working after the installation. There are some forums advice us to remove the Zend Optimizer, but we need it to run some of the websites, what can we do?

Thanks.

Yes, I checked with my technical support, we've followed the steps, but it's having problem. We're using Plesk 9.5 now, is the version we installed (latest version) is not supported in Plesk 9.5?

Some of the website's configuration will be missing suddenly and it caused the website unable to access. It shows:

The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server

We checked in the zz010_psa_httpdconf file, the problem domains are not in the config file.

Kindly please advice.

Thanks.

Prompt please can I install Zend Server CE and plesk panel?? Have you had such a successful experience? because after installing the Zend Server CE, it uses its own Apache and PHP, regardless of those who are in the system, and PleskPanel continues to use the system ....

Hi,

We've installed the Zend Optimizer in our server, but my customer said it's not working. As they said, it should show at the phpinfo() file where:

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2009 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.32, Copyright (c) 2002-2007, by ionCube Ltd., and
with Zend Extension Manager v1.2.0, Copyright (c) 2003-2007, by Zend Technologies
with Zend Optimizer v3.2.8, Copyright (c) 1998-2007, by Zend Technologies

It should show the with Zend Optimizer v3.2.8, Copyright (c) 1998-2007, by Zend Technologies, but in fact it just show below in our phpinfo()

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v2.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.28, Copyright (c) 2002-2007, by ionCube Ltd.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Hello,

Have you installed zend optimizer via yum or the installer that comes with it ?

Simply run:
yum install php-zend-optimizer -y
and
/etc/init.d/httpd restart

From what I see you have installed it but it's not showing in phpinfo() , so apache was not restarted or you have not followed all the steps to add it in /etc/php.ini (if you have tried to install it without yum).

When you install ZendOptimizer, it has to be the last thing loaded in PHP. Otherwise PHP will segfault and show in your error logs. Make sure it is not called in the php.ini, instead place the extension into a file in /etc/php.d/ with the other module extensions. If it is already there, it may be named 'zend.ini' and 'zip.ini' loads after it. Simple fixes, make or move the file to something like 'ZZZzend.ini' and it should contain this:

zend_extension = zend_optimizer52.so

Or whatever version you loaded. Afterward, run '/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/websrvmng -v -a' to reload all virtual hosts. You should see Zend Optimizer at cli output and in any phpinfo page you have now.

Anyone install it using yum php-zend-optimizer from the atomic repo? If so, do you still need to modify the files listed in the earlier post. I have version 9.3 so I do not want to break a production server.

I really need to update the zend-optimizer

Back