• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

HELO [servername] argument must be a FQDN or IP-domain literal #428

N

Nick K.

Hi,

We are currently running 2 PLESK servers at different locations:

server1.domain.com
server2.domain.com

At server1 we are running our own domainname (as example: domain.com), when i try to send a e-mail from a domain that is hosted at our second server (server2) to [email protected] i get a MAILER DAEMON notification:

<[email protected]>:
89.18.176.41 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 5.7.0 HELO [servername] argument must be a FQDN or IP-domain literal #428 (m2UAuw174725937800)
Giving up on 89.18.176.41.

Can someone help me with this problem? When i try to search on Google i can't find the right solution...

Is destination server resolvable from source server and vice versa? Do you have any related errors in maillog?

I can ping both ways (server1 > server2, server2 > server1), in the mail.err and mail.info i can't find any related errors

/usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog is Plesk maillog. And I'm not about ping but about hostname resolving.

I am not that familiar with linux, how can i test the hostname resolving?
i can't find any related error in /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

Read documentation about 'hostname' and 'host' commands.
Chrck that your server1 and server2 have hostname in FQDN format and can be resolved from one to other and vice versa with 'host' command. Contact support team if you can't check it.

I am one step further: the [servername] = h1620291
as i understand this should be a FQDN. Where can i change this name?

Back