• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

*** Help At Least 2 Major Problems

Service unavailable error may occur when application pool for specified domain is
stopped because of numerous errors. These errors are logged in Event Viewer log. It may happen when a web script is not correct and IIS 6 automatically stops the application pool.
To disable application pool stopping (actually not really good idea) yo can do the following:

Run IIS Manager, go to Application Pools, right click on the problem application pool
->properties ->health ->toggle off Enable rapid-fail protection checkbox.

You can remove session lock using following method:
1. Click on Start -> Run -> cmd.exe
2. Go to the directory where mysql is installed, by default it will be:
cd "c:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\mysql\bin"
3. Run mysql:
mysql -uadmin -p psa
it will ask you for the password, type your Plesk admin password;
4. Clear session locks:
delete from lockout;

After that you should be able to access Control Panel. You can manage session parameters through Plesk CP -> Server -> Session Settings.

The session command thing doesn't work either.

Is there another way - deleting the admin account or something. I cant find it in the users in Local Users and Groups.

Where in/what should i look out for in event log? - I don't think I can find anything relevant.

Toggling off Enable rapid-fail protection makes the pages search then time out?

Probably MySQL is installed in a different location on your server. Or if the error is not path-related please copy&paste error message and corresponding command used to allow us to provide some recomendations.

Check System event log through Start -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer and look for warnings / errors from "W3SVC" source.

Here is a part of IIS6 documentation regarding rapid-fail protection:
Enable rapid-fail protection

Select to configure IIS to remove this application pool from service and place it in a mode where the kernel-mode driver immediately returns a 503 Service Unavailable - out-of-service message to any requests to that application pool.
Rapid-fail protection protects your Internet service from widespread interruptions by detecting and isolating application pools where worker processes are rapidly failing.

Failures
Type a number in the box, or click the up and down arrows, to set a numerical limit on unexpected program terminations. This must be set in conjunction with the Time period setting.

Time period (time in seconds)
Type a number in the box, or click the up and down arrows, to set a time limit in which to detect the corresponding number of unexpected program terminations. This must be set in conjunction with the Failures setting.

My boot partition is e:

Apart from changing
cd "c:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\mysql\bin" to
cd "e:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\mysql\bin"

what might I need to adjust to make the command work.

After installing Plesk 7.0.2 I chose custom installation and set both main entries to install everything on disk

I haven't had functionality of this for over a week now.

Correct command line syntax is as follows:

cd /d %plesk_dir%/mysql/bin
mysql -uadmin -p[CP admin pwd] psa

Additionaly, if your event application log states that application pool identity is invalid, you should synchronize IUSR_xxx password in 3 places:

1. Change problem domain anonymous user IUSR_xxx password in Computer Management (you can set any password you want)

2. Set this password for service unavailable domain and application pool anonymous user in IIS.;)

IIS6 isolation suppose that every domain is in a separate process running at credentials of specially created user.
If one domain fails, other are alive and available. This is actually a great Win2003 IIS6 feature...

Back