• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Help creating extension for discourse

kirk macdonald

Basic Pleskian
Ok who wants to help create an extension for centos 8 obsidian this is my first extension i did start and got half way through it about 8 months ago now i forgot what i did and how i got there

A while back i managed to get discourse working with Plesk i did start making the plugin for the GUI but i lost the indexcontroller because i forgot to package the extension and i reinstalled my whole system as i swapped all the server s around etc so i can utilize my equipment so i have to start again :(.

As you can see i have worked out how to add the extension to the navigation with its own image

Screenshot_2020-03-24 Amazon Route 53 - Plesk Obsidian 18 0 25.png

Screenshot_2020-03-24 Websites Domains - Plesk Obsidian 18 0 25.png

how do i change the image on the extension page if you look at the following it has the standard image what folder location do i need to add it into or do i add to the meta.xml file please advise

ok also how do i make it look like the following like the other extensions i get i need to add this in the _meta folder im using phpstorm where do i upload the _meta folder to is it plib as when i look at the other extensions the dont have these folders so im wondering how i add a better description and change log it's really racking my brains at the moment as i dont know

i need to look like the following

Screenshot_2020-03-24 Plesk Obsidian 18 0 25(1).png

but im only getting Screenshot_2020-03-24 Plesk Obsidian 18 0 25(2).png

even if i add a description in the DESCRIPTION.md file or en-US.php im kind of lost does anyone have a sample of these files or advise where i need to store them for Plesk to read them

as this is beta the plugin will be free after beta anyone who helps and i use there advise to create the plugin or i use their code in the plugin i will give a free 6-month free license to use once the plugin leaves beta stages

ok i have solved the above question myself the location those files needs to be placed in is

/usr/local/psa/admin/share/modules/yourmodule

i will post further questions on the road to my first extension

Back